So apparently I've been doing a horrible job about being thankful for everything in our lives and I know this because I'm annoying myself with my constant complaining and worrying.
No wonder my husband is escaping for the weekend.
But I really am thankful for ev-er-y-thing in my life. Because my life is pretty great.
I'm thankful that I get to go to yoga class every week. I'm really not into the spiritual side of yoga but the practice of focusing your attention on positive things and letting go of negative thoughts is really good for me. I never thought that I'd say that about any of the mental aspects of yoga but for my always going brain it's been an amazing stress relief to have someone tell me every week to let-it-go. Inhale. Exhale. Oooohhhhmmm.
On that note, I'm thankful that we had campfire smell at yoga.
I think if I was into yoga I would call that 'incense'. I call it campfire. It's great either way.
I'm thankful for Pizza Hut. It's the night before grocery shopping and eggs just didn't sound good for dinner. Why, when I make the menu, I think we'll be excited to eat plain old eggs on a Thursday night is beyond me. Anyways, pizza is good. Life is good.
I'm thankful for almost finishing the shower. I know I wrote about this 3 weeks but really, it's almost finished. Which means we can finally shower again in the master bath. And then I can start on the guest bath.
I'm thankful for dental insurance. Because there is now way we'd ever pay out of pocket to get those dang cavities filled.
I'm thankful for cool fall weather. I have my cooking bug back (except for eggs) and I can't wait to get ingredients for chili, baked chicken, soup...
I'm thankful that it's Thursday! Over half way through with our week. One week closer to a vacation in February. I keep telling myself that it's reeeallly close. Don't tell me differently.
I am thankful for our jobs. But I'm also thankful that we always have the option of doing something else. Neither of us are changing our jobs any time in the near future but reminding ourselves that we have the option of going back to school, finding a different job, etc is a good reminder for us.
And finally... I'm thankful that my Grandma's coming out for Thanksgiving! It's my favorite holiday (for the food alone) and now it will be even better because Grandma is coming out! If she wasn't so popular back in Minnesota I'd beg her to move out here every day of the year.
I ran out of time/energy yesterday to post my thankful things but I'm still thankful and because Friday is really my Thursday it still counts. (Remember, I'm a really good rationalizer). Also, it hurts to breathe. I think I stretched some rib cage muscles that have been very comfortable for the last several years. Or I pulled some rib cage moves doing cowabunga. I think it's actually called chataranga or something. Chataranga is something I do not know. Cowabunga.. that I know.
- I'm thankful that today's supposed 6 inches of snow only turned into a dusting. Easy-peasy drive to work.
- Starbucks. I'm failing at giving it up for Lent. I actually went twice this week which is twice as often as I've been in a long time. And my week hasn't even been going terribly. Shoot. Major fail. It is never too late to recommit.
- Yoga. I'm approximately 1 cm from touching my toes. This is monumental in my life. Like, if my life was a timeline the last time this appeared is when I was 5 and in gymnastics.
- Headphones. A very kind gentleman let Cale borrow his electric guitar. Which to my husband means only playing loud rock. The guitar plugs into an amp. Which you can plug headphones into. Which saves your wife's brain from a killer headache.
- My wonderful husband who has been working his buuutttt off for the past oh um.. like forever. (Dear husband, if you're reading this, I miss you! I can't wait until you're only working 90 hours per week instead of 150. It's going to be great.)
- My sister... who is visiting me next week! So excited!
P.S. I'm not sure she's as excited since I was a little ambitious about giving fun things up this year. Such as shopping and cheese.
Oh, hey! YOU'RE COMING TO VISIT ME AND WE'RE GOING TO DO SO MANY FUN THINGS YOU'RE GOING TO PEE YOUR PANTS!
- And last but not least, I'm thankful to my dad. He's such an inspiration and just graduated from his Master's program. He is awesome. I love you, Dad!!